2017 RESERVED PIT SPOT POLICY
1. Spaces are $125 each or $100 each if you buy two or more. The space will be assigned for the entire 2017 season.
2. Spots are good for all events (points races, test and tune, etc….) except the Footbrake Triple 10's. You may be asked to move for that weekend.
3. Once assigned a space, it is the owner’s responsibility to make sure it is reserved when empty. A sign or orange cone with the owners name and "RESERVED" is preferred. Please make every effort to make your signs wind and waterproof and KEEP THEM OUT OF THE WAY OF THE MOWERS. Please do not “fence” off the spot as this makes it difficult to mow. Please keep them at the edge of the gravel and/or pavement. We will not replace signs that are damaged. Please make your signs portable in case they must be moved. An empty space that has no "RESERVED" sign is considered unowned for that event and is open to anyone. Only a track official can remove a reserved sign and allow another racer into a spot. Racers moving signs and occupying spots without notifying a track official may be asked to move if the owner of the space arrives before the deadline. If you want to allow someone else to use your spot, please call the day of the race or send a signed note with the person you are allowing to use your spot.
4. At each event, spots may be filled (at the track’s discretion) by another racer if the owner hasn’t shown up or called the track by the announced deadline (8pm on Fridays and by the end of the first complete round of time trials at points races). If the owner shows up (with race rig or street car) after the deadline without calling ahead and the space has been filled, entry to the space will be denied. However, ownership is retained and is in full effect at the next event. Please call if you plan to arrive late, and your space will be saved. If you call after the deadline and the space is still empty, it will be saved for you. This clause is intended to assist in overflow parking in case of large fields. This does not mean that your spot will automatically be filled if you don’t show up, but that the track reserves the right to invoke this clause as seen fit to facilitate the flow of the event if pit parking gets crowded.
5. Racers who bought a parking spot during 2016 will have the first opportunity to renew that spot for 2017 until the first points race Saturday April 8th at 6:00 pm. After that time spaces will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. Every effort will be made to allow racers to purchase the space they occupied last year but we cannot hold spaces any longer than this date. PLEASE WORK WITH THE TRACK AND YOUR FELLOW RACERS TO MAKE THIS A SMOOTH AND DISPUTE FREE PROCESS.
6. PAYMENT IN FULL IS DUE AT THE TIME OF SPOT SELECTION.
7. The master parking chart will be available at the track. Charts that may be posted on the internet are not official and may not be up to date.
8. If a racer buys multiple spots the spots must be adjoining. The second space is to promote team parking and should not be purchased for spectator vehicle parking only. While not encouraged, it is permissible for a racer to purchase 2 adjoining spots to allow pitting out of the side of the trailer. Spots that are 15’ wide are generally long enough to pit out of the back of the trailer. Shorter spots are typically 20’ or wider and allow for pitting out of the side of the trailer. Before choosing two 15’ spots, please try to select a 20’ space if you plan to pit out of the side of the trailer. This will save you some money and allow others the opportunity to have more choices. It may work out for
2 racers to buy 3 spots together to allow both to pit out of the side of their trailers. PLEASE MEASURE YOUR TRUCK AND TRAILER TO KNOW WHAT SIZE WILL WORK BEST FOR YOU.
9. Reserved parking spots will be allowed anywhere on the premises that pitting is normally allowed. Please contact a track official for assistance in choosing your spot if your area of choice has not been marked off.
10. Fill up the area as you wish, but please don’t intrude on others or cause a traffic jam.
11. Parking spots (marked and unmarked) that are unsold but contain vehicles and/or trailers MAY BE OFFERED FOR SALE. In this case, the space’s occupant will be offered first chance to purchase the space. If he/she refuses, the space may be sold to another party and the occupant will be asked to move his/her equipment to another space.
12. RACERS WITH VEHICLES, TRAILERS OR CAMPERS THAT ARE LEFT AT ECD FROM ONE WEEK TO THE NEXT WEEK ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE A RESERVED PIT SPOT TO STORE THEM ON. This will help offset the expense of mowing around them. Vehicles, trailers or campers may be left over the weekend (Friday until Sunday and Mondays we race) without purchasing a pit spot.
13. NO PARKING OF ANY KIND ON THE OLD RETURN ROAD PAVEMENT. This area is for spectators and emergency vehicles only.
14. PLEASE DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS TO A TRACK OFFICIAL BEFORE YOU PURCHASE A SPACE.
15. RACERS THAT ARE SUBJECT TO DISCIPLINARY MEASURES BY THE SANCTIONING BODY OR TRACK MAY HAVE PARKING PRIVILEGES REVOKED (WITHOUT REFUND). THIS INCLUDES ANY TYPE OF VIOLATION (RACING, PARKING, PIT SPEED LIMITS, ETC…).
16. ELK CREEK DRAGWAY, INC. WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY EQUIPMENT OR VEHICLES LEFT ON THE PREMISES DURING OR BETWEEN RACING EVENTS. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BELONGINGS ARE SECURE AND INSURED. Please minimize the loose equipment in your area during the week. This will help during mowing/weed eating. Anything left in your spot may be trimmed around if it looks shaggy, so if you don’t want grass all over it---MOVE IT.
17. THE INTERPRETATION OF THE ABOVE RULES IS AT THE DISCRETION OF TRACK OFFICIALS. IT IS OUR INTENT TO PROVIDE THE OPPORTUNITY FOR RACERS TO PIT IN THE SAME SPOT THEY HAD LAST YEAR. PLEASE WORK TOGETHER TO MAKE THIS A SMOOTH PROCESS. SCOUT OUT YOUR PROSPECTIVE SPOT BEFORE SELECTION AND WORK WITH THOSE AROUND YOU TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. REMEMBER—YOU HAVE TO PIT AROUND THEM FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR, SO PLEASE WORK TOGETHER.
18. BY PURCHASING A SPACE, YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW THE RULES LISTED ABOVE AND WILL ACCEPT ANY RULINGS RELATED TO THIS POLICY AS ISSUED BY TRACK OFFICIALS.
**Policy as approved by the Board of Directors on November 10, 2013.
If you have comments or suggestions please let us hear them.