Elk Creek Dragway, Inc.
Junior Dragsters are to be driven by children ages 7 through 17. All competitors in Jr. Dragster will be run as one class regardless of the age of driver or E.T. of car (7.90 or slower).
2017 Jr. Dragster Rules
1. Junior Dragsters must be towed or pushed by adults to the staging lanes. Under NO circumstance may a junior dragster be driven anywhere on the track property other than on the track itself and down the return road to the E.T. booth. Junior dragsters must be picked up by a tow vehicle at the end of the run and towed back to the pits. Street driven vehicles may not tow junior dragsters.
2. Junior Dragsters are to be driven by children ages 7 through 17. All competitors in Jr. Dragster will be run as one class regardless of the age of driver or E.T. of car (7.90 or slower). Cars will be paired at random by card draw.
3. Anytime a junior dragster is started, whether in the pits or in the staging lanes, a qualified driver must be seated in the vehicle.
4. No verbal or physical assistance in staging, by the crewmembers, will be allowed after the Junior Dragsters have PRE-STAGED. Crewmembers cannot touch the dragsters after they have crossed the “parent line” or been called forward by the starter. Participants may raise their hand ONE time to request the starter to back the vehicle out of the stage beam.
5. No electronics are allowed in Jr. Dragsters.
6. Pairings will be determined by card draw.
*** Points will be kept for all Jrs and are eligible for IHRA bracket finals. ***
Entry Fee $15.00 Buy-Backs $5.00
1-10 Entries:Winner - $75, Runner-Up -$50
11-20 Entries: Winner - $100, Runner-Up -$50, Semis - $35
21- + Entries: Winner - $150, Runner-Up -$75, Semis - $50
2017 IHRA Junior Dragster Summit Super Series
Heads-Up Pro-Tree 7.90 Jr Dragster
Race Format - .500 Pro-Tree
- Cars paired on sportsman ladder based on qualifying. If more than one car runs 7.900 ET in Qualifying the tie-breaker will be best reaction time.
- Purse payout: 100% of Entry Fees. 80% of the Entry Fees will be split 60/40 between the Winner and Runner-Up. The remaining 20% will be split between semis. Trophy for the Winner and Runner-Up.
- Entry Fee: $30.00, No Buy Back.
- Points system: 4 points to enter, 1 point for each round won, 1 point for race win. Perfect attendance bonus 4 points.
2017 Race Dates: May 20, June 10, June 24, July 15, August 12, September 4