2016 Awards Banquet
The awards banquet for the 2016 race season is scheduled for Saturday, February 25th, 2017 starting at 6:00pm at the Independence Volunteer Fire Department. This will be a potluck event like the last few years. Bring a main dish, a side or dessert and ECD will supply soft drinks, coffee and misc.
We will be selling reserved pit spots at the banquet. If you had a spot last year it will be held until April 8th for renewal. After that time it will be first come first served. The price is still $125 each or $100 for two or more. We will be selling 50/50 tickets at the banquet for half the money along with other prizes like race entries and such.
STREET CAR SHOOTOUT OFFICIAL RULES:
Ultimate 28/275 Shootout: Class Designation - U
1. Any 28 non w/275 tire
2. Stock style suspension
3. Door cars only
4. No full tube chassis cars
5. Helmet required
Back halves are ok.
Real Street: Class Designation - RS
1. DOT Approved tires only for RWD/AWD. (ET Street Pro or DOT Bias Ply OK) FWD allowed slick no bigger than 26x8.5 inch, any size DOT.
2. Current tags, inspection, and registration will be checked. Car must have working headlights (on after dark), tail lights, signal lights. Registration must be on paper, presentable, and up to date.
3. No lexan windows, must be able to roll up and down. Full interior required (Rear seat delete okay). No plastic or kirkey seats allowed, must be a covered seat (non reclining touring ok). Factory dash required (fiberglass or any other aftermarket stock style dash not allowed.) All exterior body panels must be on the car every round (No removal of hood, front bumper, etc).
4. All exhaust must exit past the engine underneath the car, no fender or hood exhaust exits allowed on RWD/AWD (no holes showing from previous exit) FWD OK . Mufflers are required on all cars unless turbo.
5. Stock Style Suspension only, no back halfs allowed, no wheelie bars.
6. One power adder. Nitrous can't be used with superchargers, turbos, etc. twin turbos ok.
7. Helmet required.
8. Red light, crossing the center, or hitting the wall results in disqualification.
*** Stick Shift Championship Series program changes: ***
The Stick Shift Championship Series is now an Elk Creek Dragway Class. All questions, concerns and ideas for the class should be directed to the management of Elk Creek Dragway.This season first round buy backs only. The first round winners and first round buy backs will be ran seperate in the second round, then will be ran together from the third round on. This will ensure that you will not run the same car first and second round or until both cars have won a round. We will call first round winners and buy backs to the lanes separately for the second round. If odd number of first round winners exist a winner will have to run a buy back car.
The other change is everyone is in the points at no charge.
Everything else remains the same as last season.
If you are interested being a Sponsor or Advertizing Elk Creek Dragway Please Contact us at: 276-655-4551 or